Tuesday 2 March 2010

Lighting Assessment


All in all, I felt the assessment went smoothly. There were just a few small mistakes I made:

Firstly was setting my back-focus: Although, apparently by a complete fluke, it was set okay – I did not open the iris fully while setting. I will make sure from now on to focus on the smaller details such as this.

Secondly, I finished earlier than expected, setting up the camera and lighting, and shooting the required shots, however I did not finish de-rigging the kit until the just before the end of the assessment – I will, from now on, focus on packing away the kit more efficiently, which, as Ray explained at my tutorial, will be advantageous when on set (to save valuable time).

I must admit, I expected the assessment to be a little more intense – more questioning – I was slightly daunted, worrying about being asked specific questions about colour temperature values etc however it did not come up. I understand the principals of this and I feel totally comfortable putting it into practice.

I don’t really have any more to say other than I am now fully comfortable with all that we have learnt in Ray’s class up until now.

No comments:

Post a Comment