Saturday 26 June 2010

The Kelpie

This is another piece of exciting news I have had recently.

A couple of weeks ago I recieved a call from a writer in London called Don McVey who was looking for a director for his feature film script, The Kelpie. He had sent the script out to a number of other directors who had taken an interest in it. I read the script and called him back immediately - I loved the story - it is based on the Kelpies, a supernatural race on the Isle of Skye and a family that live there.

We spoke on the phone at length about the project and I explained my ideas about it. He loved my vision of the project so after a while called my back and offered me the job.

He has several influential people on board, including actor Ford Kiernan who has a cast role as well as having offered help from his production company, Effingee. Angela Murray, a producer has also offered her services on the project. It will be very exciting to work with such talented and experienced people.

I will be meeting Ford, Don and Angela at Ford's house this coming Friday to discuss the next stages.

With this and 'The Secret Commonwealth' going on - I hope to be very busy and involved with film projects over the coming time.

I will keep the blog updated as things develop.

No comments:

Post a Comment